POSING IN FRONT OF A STEP AND REPEAT BACKDROP: TIPS
Here are some basic tips used by celebrities who attend a lot of events and want their photos to be the best they can be at all times.
- Never face straight forward: facing straight forward will give you a photo such as those done when you were in elementary school or when having your photo shot for your drivers license. Not exactly the most flattering view.
- Know your best side: if you have ever studied your face and body in the mirror, you will become aware that your body, when viewed from each side, looks a bit different. We all share these quirks and itís good if you are observant and see which side the camera likes.
- If you are doing a formal pose, you might want to position one foot in front of the other slightly, with your best side showing and your other side more in the shadow.
- Position your head so your chin is tilted down but without retracting it into your neck. This will take the shine off your nose and forehead and put the attention on your eyes and smile.
- If your best attribute or dress is located on your backside, then it would be good to turn with your back slightly towards the front as you look over your shoulder demurely.
- Remember, itís all about light and shadow. You want your best features in a little more light and the features that arenít as camera snappy more in the shadows.
- And the most important thing to remember is the relaxed confidence you show when you are having a good time.